An interesting and exciting opportunity has arisen for four senior scientists to become the Academy’s Professional Group Leads for Genomics, Blood Sciences, Clinical Bioinformatics and Clinical Engineering (Rehabilitation Engineering and Reconstructive Science).
Professional Group Leads help to maintain educational, training and professional standards by advising and engaging with various networks and work streams within the Academy and our partners such as the National School.
Representing the Academy, they use their professional judgement to advise on scientific queries, undertake quality assurance, help source assessors, take part in educational and training events whilst ensuring that the interests and influences of all stakeholders are fairly balanced.
Benefits include the opportunity for personal, to represent their scientific theme within the Healthcare Science community, undertake external scrutiny of the National School’s processes and quality management and help maintain standards which ultimately benefit patients and the public.
Whilst these are not salaried roles, all reasonable expenses are refunded by the Academy.
The Academy is keen to receive expressions of interest from scientists with:
- A professional qualification and experience in a suitable professional setting
- Knowledge of health and social care services relevant to the scientific theme
- A proactive approach to the achievement of tasks working as part of a team
- An ability to make informed decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the principles of quality assurance, the Academy’s here. Framework is available
- Your name and contact phone number
- The Professional Group Lead role you wish to apply for
- A short CV
- Confirmation that you can commit to approximately 10 days per year during business hours for a minimum of two years.