The Academy published its Quality Assurance Framework in February 2016 and reviews it on a regular basis. The most recent review took place in 2023.
Quality Assurance is one of the Academy’s six Strategic Objectives.
The Academy’s overall quality assurance aim is to provide support and assurance for education and training across Healthcare Science by:
- Quality assuring the programme assurance and annual monitoring work of the National School of Healthcare Science
- Quality assurance the Academy’s programme accreditation process for programme which do not fall within the remit.
- Supporting the development of new education and training curricula.
- Supporting service improvement and accreditation initiatives
- Providing advice and guidance as requested by national organisations across the four nations.