How to apply
Before you start your Register application, you must have:
- Been accepted on the CRP Directory,
- Read guidance documents to ensure you meet the criteria to join.
- Discussed your application with you line manager.
- Read the Clinical Research Practitioners Guidance documents
The following documents are required for the Portfolio section of the application:
- Confirmation of application and documented assurance of practice development template *
- Reflective account 1.1 – Professional Accountability
- Reflective account 1.2 – Leadership
- Reflective account 1.3 – Working across Boundaries
- Confirmation of application by your manager
*As part of a continuous improvement approach, we have taken the opportunity to improve clarity within the application process by configuring a single document template for capture of both documented assurance and line manager confirmation. The previous templates will be retired and replaced with the single merged document. At the present time and until further notice, applications incorporating the previous templates, or the new template will be accepted by AHCS.
Your line manager’s signature confirms that:
- You are working to a competency framework or equivalent evidenced based approach to knowledge and skills development **
- You have discussed and appraised your practice development with a statutory registered healthcare professional.
- You have completed the required statutory/mandatory training,
- You have a current Certificate and English Language proficiency.
**If no competency framework or equivalent evidence based approach to knowledge and skills development has been used in your development, your manager may wish to use one of the available competency frameworks, and/or the ( Integrated Workforce Framework ) Resources to enable a structured and evidence-based approach to identifying areas of skills development as well as appraisal of achievements and progress already made.
The documented assurance of practice development section of this template allows for documentation of:
- The practice development conversation with a statutory registered health professional (this could be your line manager if they are part of a statutory registered profession or include a member of your team who is part of a statutory register),
- Two pieces of feedback,
- Evidence of observation of communication skills.
In addition to the portfolio, you will also need to upload a current Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Certificate and evidence of level 6 educational attainment. A change of name certificate may also be required if your qualification is awarded is a previous name.
The information in your CRP Register account will be held in line with AHCS Privacy and Legal Policy. A data sharing agreement exists between theClinical Research Network and the AHCS for the purpose of understanding more about the CRP workforce and informing future developments.