Healthcare Science Assistant Register
About the Register
The Healthcare Science Assistant Register is non-accredited and is for people who have successfully completed the level 2 Healthcare Science Assistant apprenticeship. The register recognises the significant contribution that this part of the workforce makes to health and care in the UK.
The register is called ‘non-accredited’ because at the moment we have not applied for accreditation by the Professional Standards Authority (. The register will be run in the same way as our registers that are ) accredited.
You are expected to work to the standards in our Good Scientific Practice document and our relevant Standards of Proficiency. Your title, name, specialty, and geographic location will be listed on the healthcare science assistant register which is available to the public on our website. Unless for safety reasons it is better not to.
We will consider applying foraccreditation once the register is established fully.
Benefits of joining our register:
- It recognises the significant contribution that healthcare science assistants make to the wider professional and public community
- It demonstrates your commitment to maintaining competency and high standards of conduct
- It provides assurance for employers, patients and the public about your practice
- It gives you confidence that you are working to the nationally agreed Healthcare Science Assistant Standards of Proficiency and Good Scientific Practice.
- It strengthens the profession, helping the us to raise the profile of all healthcare science professionals and their significant contribution to patient care, clinical excellence and healthcare advances.
- It enables you to access certain benefits, for example, the Registrants’ Newsletter, training opportunities, and our Leadership Journal (although you may not be at that stage in your career, the journal makes for an interesting read and could offer a different perspective and inspire ideas for the future)
Guidance and FAQ’s
Briefing note for – provides information about the register and includes some of the main frequently asked questions Assistant Registration
Guidance for Applicants for – outlines how to complete your register application. Assistant Registration
Standards of Proficiency – outlines the standards you must work to
Search the Register
Details of every registrant who meets our standards and requirements for registration will be publicly available on all parts of our Register, unless there are exceptional circumstances which could affect their safety or put them at risk in some way.
Register by using one or more of the following parameters:
- ID number
- Town (where the registrant’s employer is based)
And then select SEARCH.
UK GDPR legislation means we are unable to share with you any other information about our registrants.
It is also possible that our Registrant may hold dual registration with a statutory or other voluntary registration body, and you should make your own checks.
If the person you are looking for is not shown on our register, they may be:
- an applicant still applying for registration.
- on a directory or student register.
- registered with another healthcare organisation (statutory or voluntary).
We will also show if there are any Actions or Sanctions against our Registrants following decisions taken by our Fitness to Practise Panels and Interim Orders Panels.