Home > Raise a Concern > How We Can Support You

How We Can Support You

We understand that it can be stressful and upsetting for everyone when a concern is raised. We want to do what we can to reduce this stress and upset where possible.

We will do this by being clear about what will happen at each stage of our investigation process and provide you with useful documents and guidance. The Fitness to Practise Administrator is the primary contact where you can ask questions ). The fitness to practise administrator can explain how the fitness to practise process works. If additional support is required we will try and help direct you to the appropriate support mechanism.

If you are a Registrant and have had a concern raised about you and you need support, we will be able to advise you on which organisations might be able to help. Please see this link here.

We will keep information you share about your health and wellbeing confidential in line with data protection legislation. But, if there are any concerns about your health and wellbeing that may put people at risk, the information you give us may be used in our proceedings. We may also share this information with other organisations who can offer support, but only if you agree to this.

Witnesses and people who have raised concerns should bear in mind that we may need to share some information about them with the Registrant involved. If you have any questions about this, please speak to the Fitness to Practise Administrator.

Organisations who provide support

Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
A charity for patient safety and justice which provides free and confidential advice following a medical accident. They cover both NHS and private healthcare complaint procedures and can advise on referrals to regulatory bodies or legal action.

Age UK
A charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most out of later life. They provide advice and support to over 60’s.

Patients Association
A voluntary organisation and charity which provides signposting and information for patients (both NHS and private) and supports them navigate the healthcare service.

A charity which provides emotional support to anyone in distress.

Victim Support
A charity for victims and witnesses of crime in England and Wales which provides emotional and practical support. An independent charity which provides supporting to people affected by crime and traumatic incidents in England and Wales.

Citizens Advice Bureau
A charity which provides people with debt and money problems and help people to recover.

Advice and support from other organisations

There are a number of other organisations who may be able to advise you about your concern.

Bottom Avatars


Join A RegisterSearch A Register