The Academy for Healthcare Science is pleased to offer registrants the opportunity to join the Faculty of Public Health as a Practitioner Member and receive all of the benefits of membership for a discounted partner rate. The UK Faculty of Public Health ( ) is committed to improving and protecting people’s mental and physical health and wellbeing.
Membership can helps you plan, shape and direct your career by giving you the tools and opportunities to ensure that your skills and the standards of practitioners across the UK are the best that they can be.
As a Practitioner you will also gain unique access to opportunities to help shape employer guidance around practitioner roles and workforce planning. You will also benefit from use of the post-nominal letters PFPH (Practitioner of the Faculty of Public Health). AS well as the chance act as a regional practitioner adviser, members in this role will represent practitioners for their area and feed into a national committee which will represent practitioner members across the UK.
Asis the professional home for public health they understand that many public health practitioners are undertaking more strategic work and their existing specialist members have chosen to expand their community and welcome their colleagues who deliver public health across the UK.
Healthcare scientists registered with the Academy of Healthcare Science can joinand receive:
- Use of a dedicated practitioner scheme and online diary
- Access to existing publications and bulletins, including our quarterly magazine Public Health Today and the internationally recognised Journal of Public Health
- Access to short competency courses for building your public health skills
- Access to career guidance including support from our existing specialist members and through a growing national network of practitioners
- Invitations to regional and national events with members and senior public health stakeholders.
- Access to Special Interest Groups, which are member led networks focusing on particular themes such as sustainable development, transport or global public health.
- Use of the post-nominal letters PFPH (Practitioner of the Faculty of Public Health)
- AHCS registrants also get a discount of 1/3 the usual subscription rate.
As the leading professional body for public health specialists and practitioners in the UK,members are trained to the highest possible standards of public health competence and practise, as set by the Faculty. With over 3,300 members, in the UK and internationally, work to develop knowledge and understanding, and to promote excellence in the field of public health.
Practitioner membership with the Faculty of Public Health () is open all public health professionals who belong to a suitable professionals register, such as AHCS and currently work in core public health.
Find out more and join on their website here.
Download theleaflet by clicking on the image below: