Education provider Pearson have launched two new qualifications in Healthcare Science for Assistants and Associates as part of the ongoing development work around the Modernising Scientific Careers framework.Trusts are invited to offer the new courses.
The qualifications are:
- (ref 601/5721/5) Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Healthcare Science
- (ref 601/5722/7) Level 4 Certificate in Healthcare Science
These qualifications have been designed for people who are new to roles in Healthcare Science, or for those who are aiming for a career in Healthcare Science. Both qualifications are assessed internally though centre-devised assessments.
Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Healthcare Science
This qualification is aimed at Healthcare Science Assistants. Learners will complete the following 5 units totalling 14 credits:
- Healthcare Science Services
- Employee Rights, Responsibilities and Personal Development in Healthcare Science Working in Partnership in Healthcare Science
- Working in Partnership in Healthcare Science
- Investigating, Treating and Managing Human Disease and Disorder
- Working Safely in the Healthcare Science Environment
Read more about the Level 2 on the Pearson Qualifications website
Level 4 Certificate in Healthcare Science
This is aProfessional qualification aimed at Healthcare Science Associates. Learners will complete the following 5 units totalling 15 credits:
- Applying the Scientific Method in Healthcare Science Research
- Working within the Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Context of Healthcare Science
- Working in Partnership with Service Users, Colleagues and other Professionals
- Investigating, Treating, Diagnosing and Managing Human Disease and Disorders
- Safety, Security and Wellbeing in the Healthcare Science Environment
Read more about the Level 4 on the Pearson Qualifications website
Where will the courses be offered
Training providers who are registered by Pearson as an approved centre to deliver the new qualifications will now be able to work with employers to deliver the training. A number of Pearson approved for other courses. These centres may apply for approval for the new Healthcare Science qualifications and Pearson is inviting other trusts to come forward to offer the courses. For more information, please centres.Trusts are already
The courses are also being promoted through to local trusts. Employers
Trailblazer Apprenticeships in Healthcare Science
Work is underway by Health Education England to develop a Trailblazer Apprenticeship in Healthcare Science. It is anticipated that the two new BTECs will form the mandatory components of Diplomas at Level 2 and Level 4 within the future apprenticeship framework.
Funding for the new qualifications
Pearson has applied to the Skills Funding Agency for adult learner funding for the two new qualifications from August 2015.