Career Breaks and Returning to Practice
Registration with the AHCS is undertaken for a period of 12 calendar months. Where a person’s registration has lapsed or is not-renewed due to a career break, the Career Breaks and Returning to Practice Policy will be applied where re-admittance to the AHCS Accredited Register is requested.
Lapsed Registration and Non-Renewal
Registration with the AHCS is undertaken for a period of 12 calendar months. When a person’s registration lapses or is not renewed, their account is made inactive 30 days after the due renewal date and their details are removed from the public register. The Lapsed Registration Policy will be applied where a person requests reactivation of their account and re-admittance to the register.
It is AHCS policy that should a person’s registration lapse or be cancelled, their information will be retained securely and confidentially by the Academy for a period of seven years as a means of safeguarding patients and the public.
Key messages for employers and managers of Healthcare Science professionals include:
- To remind employees of registration renewal dates
- To check registration periodically (every 3 to 6 months)
- To support registrants in maintaining CPD portfolios
- To ensure employees hold the type of registration appropriate for their role
- To contact the AHCS with any questions or concerns