Professional Bodies Council Membership
Council is composed of senior healthcare scientist representatives from Healthcare Science professional bodies; the expectation is that this is the most senior leaders, i.e. President/Chair, but a deputy (with authority to act on the President/Chair’s behalf) can attend.
Criteria for Membership
Healthcare Science Professional Body is an organisation representing healthcare professionals who practice in one or more healthcare science specialism; the primary function of the organisation is to provide professional representation of its members. It is expected that the organisation will have a formalised structure, i.e. a representative lead (chair/president) and;
- be a non-profit organisation;
- seek to represent the interests of the individuals performing a Healthcare Science
- profession as listed above;
- be a group of people in a learned occupation who are entrusted with maintaining control
- or oversight of the legitimate practice of the Healthcare Science occupation;
- be a body acting to safeguard the public interest;
- are involved in the development and monitoring of professional educational programmes,
- the updating of skills, and development of certification which indicates that an individual
- possesses qualifications in the subject area
- ensure the development of skills to meet professional standards and competencies and
- the maintenance of such.
A proposal for membership must be fully supported by the majority of the full members of the Council; if there is a reasonable opposition to an inclusion of a professional body, this will be tabled as an Agenda item at the next meeting of the Council.
Click here to view the Professional Bodies Council Terms of Reference
Current Professional Council Full Members