We are a group of life science industry associations working together with the Academy for Healthcare Science to provide an accredited mechanism for Trusts to use to confirm the identity, credentials and training status of individuals that visit their sites.
The responsibility for this lies with each individual Trust and they have sought a variety of means to address this challenge leading to variable practices in the standards and processes used within theto check status of industry staff on site.
Industry, the Academy for Healthcare Science and theworked together on the key elements and training requirements of the scheme.
The Register provides a not-for-profit registration system that has patient and public safety at its heart. Now with MIA requiring its members to join the Register, our registrants will also enjoy uninterrupted access to MIA hospital sites, providing a potential solution to the issue of multiple providers of credentialing systems which creates confusion and duplication and is costly to the healthcare industry and ultimately, as a consequence, the.
THE LIFE SCIENCE INDUSTRY NATIONAL CREDENTIALING REGISTER
What is the benefit?
- One card – one cost for industry
- A single credentialing and appointment system for the across the UK – one national entry criteria
- An enhanced credentialing system under the regulatory framework of the Academy for Healthcare Science, accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
- Uninterrupted access to MIA hospital sites while representatives work towards LSI National Credentialing Register approval
- No new training required for hospital staff currently using the MIA system
- Simple set up and adoption for trusts not currently using MIA
- National standards of training across the industry – supporting and delivering continuing professional development ( )