About the CRP Directory
Purpose of the Directory
The Directory provides a platform for CRPs to connect with each other and receive information and support about developments within the profession. The Directory also acts as a ‘pre-registration’ space for those CRPs who intend to apply to the accredited register.
Since the launch in 2018 the Directory has grown to include over 1,500 members.
Benefits of joining the Directory
- Public visibility of your listing on the CRP Directory.
- Opportunity to be part of the Academy for Healthcare Science and connection to the wider Healthcare Science workforce.
- Opportunity to identify and connect with other CRPs in your area through NIHR online forums.
- Ability to influence and contribute to further developments of their CRP profession.
- Being informed about the latest information about the developments of their professional role and news regarding both AHCS and NIHR. Those listed on the CRP Directory receive a monthly newsletter by email. The newsletter includes articles by CRPs about their role and useful hints and tips about joining the register.
Those listed on the CRP Directory also receive information about events and opportunities available including the annual awards for CRPs and national CRP meetings.
Joining the Directory is the first stage for CRPs who intend to make an application to the Accredited Register.
Applying for the CRP Directory
You can apply to join the CRP Directory if you are:
- Not registered to a healthcare profession.
- Working in a research delivery role that involves direct contact with patients, or other study participants, in a clinical environment or other health and social care research setting in the UK.
- A listing on the CRP Directory does not guarantee eligibility to join the CRP Register.
The CRP Directory is free to join in 2022. Members of the Directory will be asked to confirm their continuing membership on an annual basis.
Applicants to the CRP Accredited Register will need to be part of the CRP Directory before submitting their application.
CRP’s approved on the Register, do not need to remain part of the CRP Directory, although they will not receive relevant information if they are not part of the community.
If registrants want to be taken off the CRP Directory, they can do so by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information in your CRP Directory account will be held in line with AHCS Privacy. A data sharing agreement exists between the NIHR Clinical Research Network and the AHCS for the purpose of understanding more about the CRP workforce and informing future developments.