In 2016, the Academy established its Honorary Fellowships in recognition of the work, vision, support and input individuals have given to help the organisation in its development and growth in one or more of these key areas:
- To the formation, development, running or ideals and standards of the AHCS.
- To the promotion and development of key aspects of Healthcare Science.
- In areas relating to Healthcare Science and your help in promoting the professions and raising public awareness of Healthcare Science.
- In providing excellence in UK healthcare in your capacity as Presidents of Royal Colleges, medical journalists, civil servants, manufacturers, etc.
Future nominations will be received and reviewed by the Honorary Fellows Nominations Group and their recommendations submitted to the Professional Council for approval.
Honorary Fellowship 2022 is awarded for:
- An outstanding contribution, in a leadership role, to the formation, development and operation of the AHCS and/or
- An outstanding contribution, in a leadership role, to the development and delivery of Healthcare Science in the UK or in one or more of the devolved nations of the UK. International nominations can be considered if the contribution has influenced the delivery of healthcare science in the UK and or in one or more of the devolved nations of the UK and/or
- An outstanding contribution, in a leadership role, to the significant promotion within the profession and/or in raising public awareness of the contribution of Healthcare Science in the UK or in one or more of the devolved nations of the UK.
- An outstanding contribution by individuals who have worked for the AHCS, either as a staff member or in a voluntary capacity.
We are pleased to announce that 20 new Honorary Fellows of the Academy have now been elected. Click here to find out who they are!
Please use our hashtag #AHCSHonoraryFellow22 when sharing and promoting!