AHCS Registration Council
The operation and governance of the Academy’s Register is overseen by the AHCS Registration Council (formerly Regulation Council), which is independently chaired and operates at arms-length from the Academy.
The core objective of the Council is to protect the public by mitigating the risks posed to service users/ the public by the Healthcare Science workforce that is not regulated by statute.
These risks arise because of the highly specialised, scientific nature of diagnosis, investigations and treatment provided by the Healthcare Science workforce and because of the potential impact on the health and wellbeing of service users if diagnoses, investigations and treatment provided by the Healthcare Science workforce are not of the highest possible standard.
The detailed operation of the AHCS Registration Council is set out in its Terms of Reference .
Agenda and minutes are available from the AHCS Registration Council meetings.
- AHCS Registration Council Annual Plan 2016 2017
- AHCS Registration Council Annual Report 2016 2017
- Read the biographies of the members of the Registration Council
- Read the Person Specification for the Registration Council Chair
- Read the Person Specification for the Registration Council Members
- Read the Job Description for the AHCS Registrar