Academy Regulation Council
The operation and governance of the Academy’s Register is overseen by the Regulation Council, which is independently chaired and operates at arms-length from the Academy.
The core objective of the Council is to protect the public by mitigating the risks posed to service users/ the public by the Healthcare Science workforce that is not regulated by statute.
These risks arise because of the highly specialised, scientific nature of diagnosis, investigations and treatment provided by the Healthcare Science workforce and because of the potential impact on the health and wellbeing of service users if diagnoses, investigations and treatment provided by the Healthcare Science workforce are not of the highest possible standard.
The detailed operation of the Regulation Council is set out in its Terms of Reference.
Agenda and minutes are available from the Academy Regulation Council meetings.
- Regulation Council Annual Plan 2016 2017
- Regulation Council Annual Report 2016 2017
- Read the biographies of the members of the Regulation Council
- Read the Person Specification for the Regulation Council Chair
- Read the Person Specification for the Regulation Council Members
- Read the Job Description for the AHCS Registrar