Home > News & Events > Views needed on next steps for science T Level students

Views needed on next steps for science T Level students

The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (the Institute) is inviting employers from the science sector to help us create progression routes for students after completion of their science T Levels.


Information provided will support students, parents and employers by helping to chart easily understandable and usable routes for students to progress from T Levels to the next stage with their learning or careers into apprenticeships, further or higher education and employment.


To gather feedback, the Institute is holding a meeting on Tuesday 21 September. The aim is to provide an overview of the first version of the mapped progression routes for science T Level learners, and establish if there are other Level 3 and above occupations that would be suitable after a student has completed their science T Level.


If you would like to give your views, please contact  by Friday 17 September and you will receive a calendar invitation and link to the call. 


Times:  Healthcare science – Tuesday 21 September –  10.30am – 12.00pm

Science – Tuesday 21 September – 14.00pm – 15.30pm.


Some initial published progression profiles and more information on progression routes can be found on the Institute’s website.


T Levels are an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other courses for 16-19 year olds. T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where they put these skills into action. More information on T Levels can be found on the Institute’s website. 

Bottom Avatars


Join A RegisterSearch A Register