Media release: 8 December 2020
Calling all AHPs and healthcare scientists:
Launching the Advancing Healthcare Awards 2021
Allied health professionals, healthcare scientists and those who work alongside them in support roles have until 15 March 2021 to enter the Advancing Healthcare Awards, the unique awards programme which crosses boundaries and fosters partnership working.
We are delighted to invite entries to the 2021 awards, launching at the end of a year when allied health professionals and healthcare scientists and the work that they do have really taken centre-stage. Now more than ever it’s important to recognise, celebrate and reward this work.
New for 2020: This year we’re pleased to announce a new healthcare science award – The Academy for Healthcare Science award for outstanding achievement by a Clinical Research Practitioner. From the Welsh Government we have the Award for Value Based Care and from the Department of Health Northern Ireland – the Award for reform and rebuild of Health and Social Care Services post COVID 19. For 2021 Chroma, in association with INPA, will be looking for Innovation in neurorehabilitation.
As we enter the new year we will be introducing other categories and updates will be provided on the website and social media. The awards will be presented at a ceremony to be held on 21 May 2021.
The 2021 awards are:
Awards open to AHPs and healthcare scientists working anywhere in the UK
• Employers award for outstanding achievement by an apprentice, support worker or technician working alongside an or healthcare scientist
• Welsh Government’s award for value based care: making best use of resources to maximise outcomes
• Chamberlain Dunn Rising Star award
Awards open to healthcare scientists only
• The award for innovation in healthcare science
• The Scottish Government award for driving improvement, delivering results
• Biomedical Scientist of the Year award sponsored by the Institute of Biomedical Science
• Academy for Healthcare Science award for inspiring the healthcare science workforce of the future
• Academy for Healthcare Science award for outstanding achievement by a Clinical Research Practitioner
Awards open to AHPs only
• Faculty of Public Health and Public Health England award for contributions to public health, in association with AHPs4PH
• The Northern Ireland award for reform and rebuild of health and social care services post COVID 19 sponsored by the Department of Health NI
• The Scottish Government award for improving quality, measuring and demonstrating impact
• Chroma award for Innovation in Neurorehabilitation sponsored by Chroma in association with the Independent Neurorehabilitation Providers Alliance
To download the Awards Information Sheet and to enter visit https://ahawards.co.uk/uk/
Follow us on @AHAwards for updates
Organised by Chamberlain Dunn, these UK-wide Awards, now in their seventeenth year, recognise and reward projects and professionals that lead innovative healthcare practice and make a real difference to patients’ lives in the healthcare science and allied health professions.
For further information contact Rachael Fisher on email@example.com tel: 020 8334 4500 Chamberlain Dunn, The Old Candlemakers, West St, Lewes, BN7 2NZ.