The SOC Extension Team are excited to announce that Version 1 of the SOC Extension framework is now available on the GSS website. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the development of this framework by sharing your expert knowledge.
Whilst we are now able to share the full extended framework, we would like to stress this is still under development and further, refined versions will be released. With that in mind, we would be grateful to receive any comments or feedback you have on Version 1 of the framework.
In reviewing the framework, you may wish to consider the following questions:
- Are you satisfied with the suggested extension?
- Is your area of work or the area(s) of interest to you adequately represented at the Sub Unit Group Level?
- Do you feel greater or alternative detail is required? If so, what should this look like?
- Are there examples where you believe the disaggregation is unnecessary and should be reduced or removed?
- How will the SOC Extension positively impact your profession or your work?
- Any other comments?
Please send any feedback to SOCExt@ons.gov.uk by Friday 6th November.
Development and testing of the extended SOC framework is ongoing and we will be in touch regarding further updates and opportunities to be involved.
If you would prefer not to receive further communication regarding the SOC Extension Project, please reply ‘SOC Ext Opt Out’ to SOCExt@ons.gov.uk