Practical Skills for Education, Training and Leadership in Healthcare Science
An innovative 4-day programme has been designed for Healthcare Scientists who have responsibility for the education, leadership and development of the Healthcare Science workforce of the future.
The programme will provide participants with a wide range of interactive lectures, activities and opportunities to stimulate reflection on personal and professional development and the wider professional challenges and opportunities for Healthcare Scientists.
Aspects of professional and educational leadership to be addressed include:
- Practical: success and challenges of professional and educational leadership, dealing with difficult situations
- Educational approaches: the principles of work-based learning, inspiring learners, coaching, mentoring and its impact on learning and clinical outcomes
- Organisational: culture, establishing resilience; motivating colleagues, behaviour, attitudes, values, beliefs, problem solving
- Personal: reflecting on practice; planning for change; self-appraisal
The programme is being held in 6 locations, and you must be able to attend all 4 dates shown in a particular location.
|24th January||24th January||25th January||30th January||31st January|
|Newbury||5th February||5th February||6th February||20th February||21st February|
|Nottingham||26th February||26th February||27th February||20th March||21st March|
|Cambridge||1st March||1st March||2nd March||18th April||19th April|
|Durham||12th April||12th April||13th April||25th April||26th April|
|London||8th March||8th March||9th March||27th March||28th March|
- NHS England and AHCS will make the final decision around allocation of places
- Structure – 4 (2+2) and 4 half day action learning sets (ALS)
- Overnight accommodation will be provided – conditions apply – see application form
- The course fee is being funded by the NHS Leadership Academy but NOT TRAVEL EXPENSES
- Line manager support for attendance is required to be allocated a place (see application form)
You can read the flyer here.
To complete an application form without delay, please click here.
If you require further information or clarification, please email email@example.com