The Academy seeks to appoint a new Chair for its Education, Training and Professional Standards Committee. This position has become vacant following Professor Ed Peile’s very successful 3-year term in office, during which time the Committee’s role was established.
This is an interesting and exciting opportunity for a senior academic with experience of chairing policy and strategy meetings. The Chair will help to maintain and develop educational, training and professional standards by advising the Academy and engaging with our strategic partners such as Health Education England, the National School of Healthcare Science, NHS England and NHS Education for Scotland.
The appointee will be expected to represent the views of the Academy on all Healthcare Science education and training issues. Close liaison with the Academy’s Director of Quality and Management Board will be required.
The appointment will be for six months initially, to commence in October 2017. It will entail a commitment of approximately one day per month. Remuneration will include travel expenses (at least two meetings within the initial six-month period will be in Birmingham).
The Academy is keen to receive expressions of interest from educationalists with:
- Experience of developing and maintaining educational standards
- Knowledge of the health service and an understanding of current live issues such as regulation, apprenticeships, continuing professional development and revalidation
- An understanding of the principles of quality assurance: – the Academy’s QA Framework is available here.
An interview will be held in September 2017. To apply, please submit an email on or before Tuesday 29th August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org providing:
- Your name and contact email & phone number
- Your reason for applying
- A brief summary of your relevant experience
- A short CV (no more than 10 pages)
- Confirmation that you can commit to approximately 6 days within the period October 2017 to March 2018 (the initial term of the contract).
Informal enquiries may be made to David Bennett, AHCS Director of Quality. Please contact email@example.com to arrange a telephone call for an informal discussion.