TheLondon Leadership Academy is currently conducting a survey into Leadership Development in the . Individuals from within Healthcare Science can use this opportunity to have their say.
As reported in their November and December newsletters, a review is currently underway of leadership functions in the, including Leadership Academy, Improving Quality ( IQ), Academic Health Science Networks (ASHNs), Clinical Networks and Clinical Senates, as part of the Five Year Forward View. The review, led by Ed Smith, deputy chair of England, is looking into the current arrangements for how leadership development and improvement works across health and social care, and how best they should be carried out in the future.
How can you be involved?
There are a number of ways in which you can take part in the review:
- Respond to the following stakeholder survey by Wednesday 21 January. This a short questionnaire and should take you around 10 minutes to complete
If you are commenting on the work of the London Leadership Academy as part of your response, please use the comments boxes to make this clear. For reference, London Leadership Academy programmes include:
- Board Development, including Ethical Leadership conference
- Capital Leader
- Capital People inclusion programme
- Coaching and mentoring
- Darzi Fellows
- Next Generation Capital Leader
- Organisational development, including OD network
- Paired Learning
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Organisational Change Management
- Skills Development workshops
- Talent management, including talent management steering group
- A series of roundtable discussion forums will be arranged throughout January and February where you will be able to share your views and opinions with colleagues. To find out more and register your interest for attending, please email England.SmithReview@.net
- You can also answer the below questions, emailing your responses to England.SmithReview@.net
Questions for consideration:
- What are your thoughts on current leadership development in health and care?
- What do you think about current improvement and change capability?
- Are you getting what you need?
- Are there gaps that aren’t currently being met?
- Is there duplication that you’re aware of?
- What do you think future priorities should be for leadership development and improvement?
All input will be reviewed and collated for consideration into the final report due to be published in March 2015.