The standards for the Academy Register
The Academy formally published the Standards for the Practitioner Register on 31 July 2014. These were then reviewed and updated on 1 May 2016.
The standards cover:
Certain scientific specialisms have specific Standards of Proficiency. The Standards below were reviewed and updated on 1 May 2016. These are:
- Practitioner Standards of Proficiency for Healthcare Science Practitioners
- Anatomical Pathology Technologists Standards of Proficiency
- Genetic Technologists Standards of Proficiency
- Opthalmic Science Practitioners Standards of Proficiency
- Tissue Bank Technologists Standards of Proficiency
Higher Specialist Scientist Standards
The Academy formally published the Standards of Proficiency for the Higher Specialist Scientist Register on 31 July 2015.
The Academy formally published the Standards of Proficiency for Medical Illustrators in January 2017.
Rules for the operation of the Register
The Regulation Council’s rules and procedures set out the day to day operation of the register. These were also reviewed and updated on 1 May 2016. These include:
- Registration Rules
- Appeal Rules
- Fitness to Practise Rules
- Terms of Reference for the Registration Council